Medipure’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery and bring innovative and safe medication for the treatment of pain, anxiety and skin disorders. We bring novel prescription medicines to market, providing patients with serious conditions valuable solutions that improve quality of life through the development of safe and effective endocannabinoid-based therapeutics.
Through rapid cost-effective product development, by addressing market needs, and establishing strategic partnerships, we seek to maximize the value of our products and provide innovative treatments for targeted diseases. For information, please visit our website.
Position: Financial Accountant
Reports to (Position) Corporate Controller
Department/ Section: Finance and Accounting
1. Principle Accountability
Reporting to the Corporate Controller the incumbent will be responsible to assist in full cycle accounting up to and including financial statement preparations and management reporting.
2. Key Tasks
· Full month/quarter/year end closing process.
· Maintain integrity of general ledger accounts; calculate and book required entries (Journals).
· Assist in Financial Statements preparation, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis and full month end close.
· Establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
· Reconcile inter-company accounts for Canada with international subsidiaries.
· Assist with half-year and year-end external and internal audits.
· Full responsibility of A/P, including vendor's invoicing, processing payments and reconciliation.
· Set-up accounts with suppliers and conducting due diligence before bringing supplies on-board.
· Completion of bank, credit card, and merchant bank reconciliations.
· Periodic reporting of financial results including management reporting.
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Cash Flow Management – Monitor cash requirements including monthly/ weekly forecasts. Transfer funds as required and liaise with bank as appropriate.
· File & Pay: GST, Federal Taxes etc.
· Inventory count and reconciliation at corporate level and assisting other divisions.
· Management reporting and ad hoc reporting as assigned from Corporate Controller.
· Day to day liaising with other international divisions; Croatia and India.
· Documentation/ editing of accounting processes.
· Maintaining good relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
· Asset management as per company policy
· Other duties as requested.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and working towards a professional designation (CPA).
· Minimum 4-5 years of related accounting experience.
· Public experience and previous IFRS experience preferred
* Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, and reporting requirements.
· Good organizational, time management & prioritizing skills.
· Working knowledge of multi currency is preferred.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
· Attention to detail and sound analytical thinking.
· Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization in/outside Canada.
· Computer literate, including effective working skills of QuickBooks and other ERP Systems
· Advanced level of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
About the Benefits
Upon joining Medipure you will be welcomed into a dynamic and multicultural team. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive annual salary plus a comprehensive benefits package